Error on Publish Using Compiled AWM Menu

Using AWM with Fusion.
TeddR

Error on Publish Using Compiled AWM Menu

Postby TeddR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:58 am

Hello,

I think I've followed all of the guidelines shown on the AWM site for embedding menus into a site created in Fusion (using Fusion 11 and AWM 5). I'm also using the 1.2 version of the published component. However, when I publish my site, I receive 40 errors relative to elements of the menu. In all cases, it says that the item in question is in use by another process, like this:

Can't copy file: C:\Documents and Settings\troos\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\LPC Web\Local Publish\lpcmenu.js
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Any ideas? All other applications are closed, and I've even re-booted my computer to ensure no external application could be referencing the menu.

Thanks,
Tedd

admin
Site Admin

Re: Error on Publish Using Compiled AWM Menu

Postby admin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:09 am

Hello,

I think I've followed all of the guidelines shown on the AWM site for embedding menus into a site created in Fusion (using Fusion 11 and AWM 5). I'm also using the 1.2 version of the published component. However, when I publish my site, I receive 40 errors relative to elements of the menu. In all cases, it says that the item in question is in use by another process, like this:

Can't copy file: C:\Documents and Settings\troos\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\LPC Web\Local Publish\lpcmenu.js
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Any ideas? All other applications are closed, and I've even re-booted my computer to ensure no external application could be referencing the menu.

Thanks,
Tedd
You need to download and use v1.3.3 of the AWM component for Fusion.

v1.2 is for Fusion 7.

You can download the proper component (free), from the Beyond Fusion store or the Likno site.

You'll need to delete the AWM component folder (and contents) you have now and then install the newer version.

Chuck

Gary

Postby Gary » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 am

Hi

I get exactly the same message. I'm using Fusion 9 and component 1.3.4

Also, the menu produced does not link to my pages - they still have the default page names from when I created it.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 am

Hi

I get exactly the same message. I'm using Fusion 9 and component 1.3.4

Also, the menu produced does not link to my pages - they still have the default page names from when I created it.
The AWM component doesn't read in the structure of your site. You enter the page URLs into AWM yourself.

The component is used for positioning and publishing a menu.

Also, have you gone to Publish View in Fusion and turned on the AWM Publish Support in the Publish Components window?

Consult the AWM tutorial here on BeyondFusion for more information.

Chuck

Gary

Postby Gary » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks Chuck

I'm up and running now.

Return to “AllWebMenus from Likno”