Unable to get all menus to link.
I am useing AWM 5.1 with win xp sp3
I have two of my failiours on the web (see address below)
If need be I can send a template.
As per AWM instructions
I created a temp file called: "awm-menues"
when I select Tools/project Properties/Folders
I am asked " where is my website Locally stored" (Site_Root folder)
This implies that C:\NetObjects Fusion 8\User Sites\AddstyleAllwebTest\Local Publish IS MY ROOT FOLDER ???? is that correct ???/
If I enter this path into the compile menu SITE ROOT FOLDER field (at the top of the "Project Properties" box
The awmdata file and the .js file will end up in my local publish file.
And yet the AWM instructions says to compile the menu to a temp file EG: C:\temp\menu.js) If I place this path in the Tools/project Properties/Folders the two files (The awmdata file and the .js file will end up there) this then becomes the root ?? and there are no html pages there to be selected
As I understand They have to be in the Local Publish folder for the selection of the menu folders when linking.
THESE ARE MY STEPS.
1. Create a site layout in NOF and do a local publish.
2. Create a duplicate site layout in AWM
3. Before compileing AWM I set the path to the ROOT folder to the LOCAL PUBLISH folder
4. I then compile AWM. This places the .js and the awmdata file in the Local Publish.
5. I then return to AWM Menu Editor and in the Menu Structure I select the first page (currantly all named ITEM , I rename each page as I go .(1st one index.html)
6. In the same menu Editor under Item Properties I select the LINK tab and under the
MOUSE CLICK column 2 buttons appear I select the left one (with a little arrow in) and a popup box appears that shows the contents of my LOCAL PUBLISH. If the first page (index.html) and this page name appears in the "MOUSE CLICK " column.
7. I then click on the right hand button which shows a little computer screen and the index page appears, this shows the path and link are ok.
8. I continue and do the same to all the pages.
9. In every page viewing via AWM the functionality of the web page is perfect.
10. I then COMPILE AWM and place it in the NOF web page(after activating the AWM tool for NOF)
11. I then do a local publish and the result is as you see on the two examples
What am I doing wrong /
Realy need help to sort this out
Am sending an image to clarify my question. You appeared not to mention step 5 & 6in your explanation.In the Link field when you design the menu use a full URL. http://www..... etc.
When I get your reply I will try again and set my ROOT in AWM for the menu to my site folder in User SitesYou compile the menu. Skip the link pages to menu step. Just treat it as a recompilation.
I could not figure that out either. In nof you have the home page on TopSome are in a html sub-folder like you're publishing By Asset Type.
Why is that?
When setting the full path EGYes, type the full path (complete URL) in the Link Value in AWM.
That way the menu will work correctly no matter how you publish your site from Fusion (By Asset Type, By Flat, By Site Structure) on every page.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest