Ghosting of Awm

Using AWM with Fusion.
welshgirl

Ghosting of Awm

Postby welshgirl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:59 pm

On my site http://tricitypsychology.com/html/our_psychologists.htm

I have placed AWM using the component tool to draw it in on the page . When the page loads there is a flash ghosting of the menu in the left corner, I guess this is something to do with the positioning that is enetered in the menu when compiling... what do i do to eliminate this... ie should I delete the offset position in the windows or set to 0 or would it be better to attach the menu to an element on the page... but I'm not clear how to do this... this is exactly where all my problems began yesterday. I tried to build a new nav bar in AWM and attach it to the top banner on the page... but nothing came up... and then I started experience all the gremlins with the menu that I built for the psychologist page? help???
Also I note in the text setting for pixel there is no increment for 11px is it ok to enter 11px or will that screw up something? (12px is too big 10 too small!!!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ghosting of Awm

Postby admin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:36 pm

On my site http://tricitypsychology.com/html/our_psychologists.htm

I have placed AWM using the component tool to draw it in on the page . When the page loads there is a flash ghosting of the menu in the left corner, I guess this is something to do with the positioning that is enetered in the menu when compiling... what do i do to eliminate this... ie should I delete the offset position in the windows or set to 0 or would it be better to attach the menu to an element on the page... but I'm not clear how to do this... this is exactly where all my problems began yesterday. I tried to build a new nav bar in AWM and attach it to the top banner on the page... but nothing came up... and then I started experience all the gremlins with the menu that I built for the psychologist page? help???
Also I note in the text setting for pixel there is no increment for 11px is it ok to enter 11px or will that screw up something? (12px is too big 10 too small!!!
When using the AWM Component, you compile the menu with a 0,0, position and attach the menu to an element.

This is done in the Main Menu positioning property. Choose:

Automatically, Top-Left, 0, 0, Element [Image, Text, Div, etc.]

(see the Fusion and AWM 4.x topic in this forum)

You can enter any font size you want. You aren't restricted to the presets.

Chuck

welshgirl

AWM

Postby welshgirl » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 pm

Thanks Chuck... I guess scrolling down the page helps.... so far I got stuck at the top.

One further AWM question though. Following through from my earlier mess ups this week . Currently my site has the main nav bar which I built as buttons with rollovers in Fireworks.

I am looking at replacing it with a new AWM.... which I understand that if I want to position to an element say the banner image I have,
I paste id="awmAnchor-Psychologists" where to I paste this exactly? When I initially experimented with this only the id line appeared and also my flash animation disspeared from the page?

Also does having more than AWM on the site causr problems

admin
Site Admin

Re: AWM

Postby admin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks Chuck... I guess scrolling down the page helps.... so far I got stuck at the top.

One further AWM question though. Following through from my earlier mess ups this week . Currently my site has the main nav bar which I built as buttons with rollovers in Fireworks.

I am looking at replacing it with a new AWM.... which I understand that if I want to position to an element say the banner image I have,
I paste id="awmAnchor-Psychologists" where to I paste this exactly? When I initially experimented with this only the id line appeared and also my flash animation disspeared from the page?

Also does having more than AWM on the site cause problems
For positioning, you should use the AWM Fusion component. The element you attach to is the component placeholder on your page. You place the placeholder and stretch it out for fit your menu.

You can have multiple menus on a page and in a site. As long as each different menu has a unique name. That named menu can appear more than once with the same name.

If you aren't using the latest build (released last week), get it. Among other things, it fixes a problem in the previous build with multiple menus.

Chuck

welshgirl

Postby welshgirl » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:48 pm

Thanks Chuck for your all help--- Kathy

Return to “AllWebMenus from Likno”