php variable parse

Using AWM with Fusion.
Prellyan

php variable parse

Postby Prellyan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:34 pm

hey there,

i am trying to parse a php variable as part of the url of a menu selection

likno help says use javascript --- but i have no idea what to put in the javascript field

any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it has me stumped atm

exsiting syntax is

http://www.backyardcanvas.com/coremembe ... rdID=<?php echo $row_table['field'];?>

how do i split that between the url field and the javascript field.

Thanks

Prellyan

appropriate code?

Postby Prellyan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:56 pm

it=s0.addItem(2,3,4,"&nbsp;&nbsp;View Profile&nbsp;&nbsp;",n,n,"View your profile data","",n,n,"recordID;","http://www.backyardcanvas.com/coremembe ... ?recordID= ",n);

is the line which creates the parameters of the button or link -- the recordID is the inserted javascript from the field in the program

so i guess what ever i need to replace that recordID with is the js needed to parse the php variable

admin
Site Admin

PHP variable in URL

Postby admin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:47 am

Since AWM uses external javascript files, I don't believe that any PHP code inserted in a URL will be parsed by the web server, since it's never seen as the page loads.

I'll look into it though.

It may be possible to set a javascript variable using php in the page head section and then insert the variable in the URL field when you design your menu in AWM.

- Admin Chuck

Prellyan

external java

Postby Prellyan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:02 pm

yeah that code is taken from the generated javascript file

basically i need to reproduce in that code the equivalent of the php record parse for record ID

i greatly appreciate you help casue i am buggered if i can get it working --- have tried just about every possible combination

Return to “AllWebMenus from Likno”