AWM not working on NOF 8

Using AWM with Fusion.
Smokin-pt

AWM not working on NOF 8

Postby Smokin-pt » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of transferring to a new PC I have fresh installs of NOF 7.5, 8, and 9. I also have the AWM Pro installed in all of the NOF's listed. AWM works great on all NOF versions except for NOF 8. When I put a placeholder on the page I get the red circle with the exclamation and no placeholder appears. I can fill in the properties with the .js file just fine. I do have the AWM selected in "Publish Components". When I try to upload the page I receive an blank error window from NOF. NOF uploads all of the neccessary .js files and awmdata folder just fine. But the menu does not appear. What isn't happening is the code that is supposed to be in the top of the page from AWM is not there. Is this a NOF issue or a AWM issue?
It worked just fine on my other PC with NOF8.

Any ideas?

Smokin-pt

Postby Smokin-pt » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:38 pm

Well, in case anyone is interested I was able to correct the problem by using the older version of the NOF component as opposed to the latest version. It would appear that for some reason the newest version is not compatable with NOF8. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems clear that the new version doesn't work and the old one does......

Ron

admin
Site Admin

New component

Postby admin » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:12 am

The old version (1.3.0) of the AWM component works with 7, 7.5 and 8, but not Fusion 9.

The new version of the component was tested with 7.5, 8 and 9 and worked flawlessly when it was released early this year. It was compiled using the Fusion 8 API, so it's odd that it isn't working correctly now.

It doesn't work with 7 because of changes in the Fusion API since that version.

I did some testing after seeing your post and the new version does work with 8 for me. However, the placeholder image is indeed missing.

Very strange, indeed.

The old version has some compatibilty issues with new version of Opera.

I'll look into a fix for this issue.

Smokin-pt

Postby Smokin-pt » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Thanks Chuck,

I thought I was going bonkers! Good to see I'm not the only one missing the placeholder. As always you have been a wonderful asset to the NOF community. Keep up the good work.

Ron S

By the way, will there ever be a members section? I signed up for it way back when you first came online (I didn't make the first signer upper list though) and was just curious.

admin
Site Admin

Members section

Postby admin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:03 am

Ron,

Yes there will be.

As soon as I get the time. Much has been done, but it isn't ready for prime time and I don't want it to be incomplete.

I have paying customers who come first.

I'm not taking on any more projects for a while to allow time to work on my own sites and inhouse projects for a change.

Chuck

admin
Site Admin

v1.3.3 of AWM Component

Postby admin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:18 pm

This version of the AWM component now properly display the placeholder image in Fusion 8.

The problem is with Fusion 8. It's been programmed around.

1.3.3 works with AWM 4.2.628 and above.

Admin Chuck

Return to “AllWebMenus from Likno”