FAQ Componest issues (NOF 9.0)

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
elkcamp

FAQ Componest issues (NOF 9.0)

Postby elkcamp » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

Is appears that my website's entire FAQ component database is now missing. All was working fine for months and one day it is gone, ie. the file is empty. Catagories are still there but now reflects zero questions.
It appears that the Q&A data is stored in a .csv file in the /scripts subdirectory. There are actually 3 of these files. T
Anyone have any thoughts on what may be going on?
I can recreate the data (hours and hours), but my real concern is making sure this does not happen again. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thoughts? :(

admin
Site Admin

Re: FAQ Componest issues (NOF 9.0)

Postby admin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Is appears that my website's entire FAQ component database is now missing. All was working fine for months and one day it is gone, ie. the file is empty. Catagories are still there but now reflects zero questions.
It appears that the Q&A data is stored in a .csv file in the /scripts subdirectory. There are actually 3 of these files. T
Anyone have any thoughts on what may be going on?
I can recreate the data (hours and hours), but my real concern is making sure this does not happen again. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thoughts? :(
As with any database, you should backup every now and then.

With a flat file database (a csv text file) in particular, you're at the mercy of your Internet connection when publishing.

If the file was open for writing and the connection was lost, the file could be emptied.

It's impossible to say for sure.

You may want to consider a more robust database. Like MySQL.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 9”