NOF 9 to 10 or 11?

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
nlesberg

NOF 9 to 10 or 11?

Postby nlesberg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 pm

I've been using NOF 9 for a couple of years. We purchased NOF 10 on 3/25/08 but did not use it yet. Now I see that NOF 11 exists. I'm about to create a new site, a front end for Network Solutions' e-commerce package. It will be different from the arts sites I've already created and which I don't expect to upgrade, at least not for now. I don't do anything fancy, although I am told I'll need to learn such things as RSS and Flash. I have browsed the groups on this site and NetObjects site, and I still can't decide 10 or 11, notwithstanding the fact that we've already purchased 10. Please help with this dilemma. Thank you. Naomi

admin
Site Admin

Re: NOF 9 to 10 or 11?

Postby admin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm

I've been using NOF 9 for a couple of years. We purchased NOF 10 on 3/25/08 but did not use it yet. Now I see that NOF 11 exists. I'm about to create a new site, a front end for Network Solutions' e-commerce package. It will be different from the arts sites I've already created and which I don't expect to upgrade, at least not for now. I don't do anything fancy, although I am told I'll need to learn such things as RSS and Flash. I have browsed the groups on this site and NetObjects site, and I still can't decide 10 or 11, notwithstanding the fact that we've already purchased 10. Please help with this dilemma. Thank you. Naomi
Fusion 11 has some nice improvements over its predecessors, including Fusion 10.

It's faster to design with and the multi-layout regions are very nice. For an example.

The design view interface is very nice, allowing you to quickly switch from one page to another.

Whether it's improvements are enough of a difference depends on how you use the program.

Personally, I'd never go back to 10, unless it's for a client that is still using it.

Admin Chuck

nlesberg

Postby nlesberg » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm

Thank you, Chuck. I'm beginning to think that since I'm starting a new site I should go with the newest program. Which leads me to my next question: I purchased the upgrade to 10 at the end of March. Can you suggest a way to trade in that never-used upgrade to get NOF11? Sorry if I'm not wording this right.
Naomi

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:15 am

Thank you, Chuck. I'm beginning to think that since I'm starting a new site I should go with the newest program. Which leads me to my next question: I purchased the upgrade to 10 at the end of March. Can you suggest a way to trade in that never-used upgrade to get NOF11? Sorry if I'm not wording this right.
Naomi
If you registered 10, you may be offered a discount when you upgrade. Maybe.

I'm not sure if a March purchase qualifies. If you bought it during their Spring Sale, perhaps.

Other than that, I seriously doubt WSP will let you do a trade-in.

At least you qualify for upgrade pricing to 11.

Chuck

nlesberg

Postby nlesberg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Amazing. I called WSP yesterday, was told a coupon was coming in the next 2 day, couple of hours later it appeared and I purchased the upgrade to 11 for something like $55. As usual, dealing with you and WSP is dealing with real people. I'm always pleasantly surprised. Next time I write it will be to the NOF 11 group, I guess. 9 has been stable and I don't plan to change the sites I already have in 9 unless there's a "compeling reason" to migrate them. Thank you for your help. Try to stay cool. It's going to be over 100 again in San Diego.
Naomi

Return to “Fusion 9”