Stacked Pages

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
elkcamp

Stacked Pages

Postby elkcamp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm working on a project where I want to create a group of stacked pages, each of which can be accessed via a javascript dropdown menu. I.e. click the drop down, mouse down to the selection, select and be taken to the correct stacked page. I have the menu but need to know if anyone has any thoughts on setting up the stacked pages?
Thoughts?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stacked Pages

Postby admin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm working on a project where I want to create a group of stacked pages, each of which can be accessed via a javascript dropdown menu. I.e. click the drop down, mouse down to the selection, select and be taken to the correct stacked page. I have the menu but need to know if anyone has any thoughts on setting up the stacked pages?
Thoughts?
What would you have on the stacked pages that you need to navigate to?

This is probably something better suited to a database and scripting.

Admin Chuck

elkcamp

Postby elkcamp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Chuck,

Each stacked page would have one photo, some text, and a link or two. It's basically the profile of an individual. I know just about zip about building databases. The drop down link allows the reader to select an individual's name and nav to that persons page.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Chuck,

Each stacked page would have one photo, some text, and a link or two. It's basically the profile of an individual. I know just about zip about building databases. The drop down link allows the reader to select an individual's name and nav to that persons page.
You don't need "stacked pages". You just need static pages.

If you only need a handful, it's no big deal. Just make a page in the form you want it and then make copies of it in Site view for each new page. Name pages without spaces in the filenames.

If you're talking dozens, a database solution is best.

If you don't have the inclination to learn about scripting and databases, you can make all the static pages you want in Fusion.

Chuck

elkcamp

Postby elkcamp » Tue May 06, 2008 10:28 am

Chuck,
How can I contact you about possibly doing some database work for me? If you want to reply to my personal email: jay@highcountrywebdesigns.com that would be fine. Perhaps that way we can arrange a call.

Return to “Fusion 9”