border margin or background...

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
Bob Brink

Postby Bob Brink » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:35 am

Hello,

I would like to change what I am going to call the background.
I use EZRound in my MB to border all my pages. Outside of the EZround border is pink, I would like to change that color but for the life of me cannot remember nor find how.

Perhaps if I could find proper name for that area outside my site, yet inside the browser window the help file could be more helpful.

Here is a sample: www.acmepos.com

Thanks,

Bob

admin
Site Admin

Re: border margin or background...

Postby admin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Hello,

I would like to change what I am going to call the background.
I use EZRound in my MB to border all my pages. Outside of the EZround border is pink, I would like to change that color but for the life of me cannot remember nor find how.

Perhaps if I could find proper name for that area outside my site, yet inside the browser window the help file could be more helpful.

Here is a sample: www.acmepos.com

Thanks,

Bob
The light pink background color can be changed in the Layout Properties on the Background tab.

Admin Chuck

Bob Brink

Postby Bob Brink » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Chuck,

thanks for the response, but I am still lost. -Sorry.

>Layout Properties on the Background tab.

How do I get there, -the properties of what, the Master Border, the site style or something else?

I've done this before, but for some reason I have a mental block.
(not just being lazy either, I would be embarrassed to share how long I have been looking...)

Bob

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Chuck,

thanks for the response, but I am still lost. -Sorry.

>Layout Properties on the Background tab.

How do I get there, -the properties of what, the Master Border, the site style or something else?

I've done this before, but for some reason I have a mental block.
(not just being lazy either, I would be embarrassed to share how long I have been looking...)

Bob
Layout Properties.

Select the Layout..... the main part of your page that's surrounded by the Master Borders.

Press F3.

If you have the Layout all covered up with a table for your EZRound purposes, click in the Master Border and press F3 to get to its properties.

Then press F9 to switch to Layout Properties.

Chuck

Bob Brink

Postby Bob Brink » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Ahhh yes.

If we had a dunce cap in the office it would be my turn to wear it.

My MB did not have a layout region of it's own. It had text boxes and graphics laid right on top of it. So when I tried to change the background color there was no property to change.

I just learned a lot in a very painful manner. When my head stops hurting I'll take the cap off!

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Ahhh yes.

If we had a dunce cap in the office it would be my turn to wear it.

My MB did not have a layout region of it's own. It had text boxes and graphics laid right on top of it. So when I tried to change the background color there was no property to change.

I just learned a lot in a very painful manner. When my head stops hurting I'll take the cap off!

Thanks for all your help.

Bob
Bob,

A blank page in Fusion design view consists of a set of Master Borders surrounding a Layout (not a Layout Region - an entirely different animal).

You're free to use none or up to all four of the available Master Borders on a page.

Whatever content you place in the Layout is unique to that page, whereas content placed in a Master Border appears on every page in your site that uses that Master Border.

When you publish, each page is generated by Fusion and the Layout for the page is merged with the Master Border content the page uses and an HTML page results.

The Layout properties include the background for the page, including any Master Borders you use for that page.

To universally change the background, you can do so in Style View and it will apply to all pages using that style. This can then be overridden on a page by page basis using the Layout properties of a page.

A Layout Region is a Fusion tool for placing content on an area of a page. It allows more freedom than the grid of a table when doing your design. when published, the Layout Region is converted to a table by Fusion during the page generation.

You can use Layout Regions (I do all the time) if you wish, but the Layout itself is NOT optional.

Chuck

Bob Brink

Postby Bob Brink » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Chuck,

Thanks for the clarification. The pain is lifting and the caps coming off. Now I not only got the job done but I will have a better idea of what I am doing next time around.

Thank you,

Bob

Return to “Fusion 9”