referencing a "published" powerpoint presentation

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
anthonyrice

referencing a "published" powerpoint presentation

Postby anthonyrice » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:29 am

Hi

I have a MS Powerpoint 2003 presentation, which I have "published". What this actually means is that Powerpoint has converted my .ppt file into a set of files that can then be FTP'd to a web server. I gave Powerpoint a folder on my local hard disk into which to put these files. Powerpoint then put the following into that folder : (a) a single file called "mynewpres.htm" (b) a folder called "mynewpres files" containing all the other files that make up the website (.gif, .css, .htm).

Where I am trying to get to is as follows: I have a website I have produced in Netobjects. I want a page on that site to have text saying "click here to view presentation". I then want the presentation to open in a new window.

The question is how do I do it? I have tried using Reference External HTML page but can't seem to make it work. I don't want to make the presentation "part" of the website, which is what I think importing it will do.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthonyrice

Further to my question...

Postby anthonyrice » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:37 am

The NOF help screen says

"When you reference an external HTML file, NetObjects Fusion lists the HTML file in Assets view. Unless you choose otherwise, it imports into Assets view pictures, applets, media, and most other external assets the file references."

I can see the HTML file in assets view but I can't see all the other files that are in the directory created by Powerpoint. That suggests I am either doing something wrong or the HTML file is not referencing the files in the Powerpoint-created directory and so NOF is not importing them into Assets view (but I think HTML file must be referencing all those other files because when I open the HTML file with a browser, I can view the whole presentation via the browser).

I have tried both checking and unchecking the "Do not manage or move assets" box.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Anthony

admin
Site Admin

Re: Further to my question...

Postby admin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:34 am

The NOF help screen says

"When you reference an external HTML file, NetObjects Fusion lists the HTML file in Assets view. Unless you choose otherwise, it imports into Assets view pictures, applets, media, and most other external assets the file references."

I can see the HTML file in assets view but I can't see all the other files that are in the directory created by Powerpoint. That suggests I am either doing something wrong or the HTML file is not referencing the files in the Powerpoint-created directory and so NOF is not importing them into Assets view (but I think HTML file must be referencing all those other files because when I open the HTML file with a browser, I can view the whole presentation via the browser).

I have tried both checking and unchecking the "Do not manage or move assets" box.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Anthony
You can add files to asets view as it says. However, Fusions can't read the html file to see what other files it references in a folder.

You literally have to add each file that'll be used.

It's far simpler to just ftp the files used by the HTML file generated in Powerpoint to the web server yourself.

Personally, if I was going to do this, I'd ftp the entire presentation to the web server intact. Then use an iframe to display it on a page in your site.

Admin Chuck

Return to “Fusion 9”