background within a background

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
DJT

background within a background

Postby DJT » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:26 pm

:?

Noob question at that...

How do you get a background to surround the background.

Sort of like the blueish background surrounding the white background on the forums. Whereas depending on the resolution of the monitor, the background is always centered....

I'm confused... but that's normal.

david

admin
Site Admin

Re: background within a background

Postby admin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:27 pm

:?

Noob question at that...

How do you get a background to surround the background.

Sort of like the blueish background surrounding the white background on the forums. Whereas depending on the resolution of the monitor, the background is always centered....

I'm confused... but that's normal.

david
The forums use a centered table arrangement, with a background color for the page and then different background colors for the tables embedded in the outer table.

The main part of the BF site uses a top and bottom master border above and below the layout. The layout has a background and then there's a layout region with a white background color in each of the master borders and the Layout. They are all the same width and butt up against each other.

Content goes in the Layout Regions.

The Center in Browser checkbox is checked for each page in Layout Properties.

In Fusion 9, to get a coloered border, you need to place each of the layout regions in a text box that you assign border colors to.

In Fusion 10, you can skip the text boxes and assign borders directly to the Layout Regions.

Admin Chuck

DJT

Postby DJT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:05 pm

oooooooooooooooh....

Switching this site to NOF10 then, despite the 22 second lag time. I'll just play NoMess on the Palm while working on websites. :D

Thanks for mentioning that about NOF10.

david

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 pm

oooooooooooooooh....

Switching this site to NOF10 then, despite the 22 second lag time. I'll just play NoMess on the Palm while working on websites. :D

Thanks for mentioning that about NOF10.

david
I've moved some pretty big sites to 10 and haven't seen a lag of over 5-7 seconds and that only when opening the first page from Site View.

This is with build 5009.

Chuck

elkcamp

Postby elkcamp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Is there an simple way to create the rounded corners that we see in the tables on this page? Where can I learn about this? I've seen rounded corner tables on cnn.com for years and always wondered "how they do that?"
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Is there an simple way to create the rounded corners that we see in the tables on this page? Where can I learn about this? I've seen rounded corner tables on cnn.com for years and always wondered "how they do that?"
Thanks
It's done with a square image cut into slices for the four corners, the top/bottom and the sides with the slices placed in the outer cells of a table. The corners as images and the top/sides as background images.

You can make your own image slices in a graphics program and do it manually or you can use a product like EZRound.

You'll find a forum on here that talks about it a bit.

Admin Chuck

elkcamp

Postby elkcamp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:44 pm

thanks Chuck, I can do that.

Return to “Fusion 9”