Is NOF 9 compatible with Win7?

Discussions and Questions about Fusion 9
nlesberg

Is NOF 9 compatible with Win7?

Postby nlesberg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi,
I'm starting a new website. I'd prefer to use NOF 9, but I just read in this forum that it is not compatible with Win 7. I haven't upgraded to 7 yet, but I will probably have to in the near future since every other person here is using it. So, if incompatibility is an issue:
1.) What happens to my current NOF 9 websites? In what way is it "imcompatible"?
2.) How well does NOF 11 work with Win7? I stopped using 11 because I didn't like its complexity and went back to 9.
3.) How hard will it be to upgrade my NOF 9 to an 11 site? There are more than 250 pages.
4.) If I do have to make my NOF 9 into an 11 site, will it have to be broken into two sections? That's something I've hoped not to have to do.
5.) Are these too many questions? My apologies if so.
Thank you for your help.
Naomi

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is NOF 9 compatible with Win7?

Postby admin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi,
I'm starting a new website. I'd prefer to use NOF 9, but I just read in this forum that it is not compatible with Win 7. I haven't upgraded to 7 yet, but I will probably have to in the near future since every other person here is using it. So, if incompatibility is an issue:
1.) What happens to my current NOF 9 websites? In what way is it "imcompatible"?
2.) How well does NOF 11 work with Win7? I stopped using 11 because I didn't like its complexity and went back to 9.
3.) How hard will it be to upgrade my NOF 9 to an 11 site? There are more than 250 pages.
4.) If I do have to make my NOF 9 into an 11 site, will it have to be broken into two sections? That's something I've hoped not to have to do.
5.) Are these too many questions? My apologies if so.
Thank you for your help.
Naomi
You don't say what OS you have now. XP? Vista? If Vista, 9 works as well in 7 as it does in Vista.

1. Fusion 9 uses Java JRE 1.4. No way to change that. JRE 1.4 doesn't work well with either Vista or Win7. And the installation paths have changed in Windows since 9 was released, so by default it's installer isn't Windows Vista/7 compliant.
2. Fusion 11 works just fine with Windows 7. Both 32 and 64 bit versions.
3. If you can export a template from 9, you'll have no problem making a new site from it in 11.
4. No.. no reason to break it into sections. In fact, 11 handles larger sites better than 9. And 9 is a very good version.
5. Never too many questions..... well..... maybe. :wink:

Chuck

nlesberg

Postby nlesberg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Ahhhh. I've missed your wonderful ability to answer questions.
I'm using XP Professional. Thank you for your insight. It appears my options are not as daunting as I feared.
Naomi

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Ahhhh. I've missed your wonderful ability to answer questions.
I'm using XP Professional. Thank you for your insight. It appears my options are not as daunting as I feared.
Naomi
:)

One more thing on the JRE version.

Fusion 11 comes bundles with 1.4 also. But it has an option for choosing an external JRE in Application Settings.

You just install Java from www.java.com and then choose the 1.6 version of the Java Runtime Environment.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 9”