data base connector

Question and discussions about MySQL
Kay

data base connector

Postby Kay » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:57 pm

I am trying to add a data base to my site. I put the connector on the page in the layout, and the test connection worked. But no import happens, even though I have checked the "import" box. Also, when I try to add "Label" I get the error message "place db connector on page first!" though it is on the page. Can someone help? I am newbie on database stuff.
kayBe

admin
Site Admin

Re: data base connector

Postby admin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:59 am

I am trying to add a data base to my site. I put the connector on the page in the layout, and the test connection worked. But no import happens, even though I have checked the "import" box. Also, when I try to add "Label" I get the error message "place db connector on page first!" though it is on the page. Can someone help? I am newbie on database stuff.
Are you running MySQL on your computer or are you doing a remote connection to a database on a web server?

Admin Chuck

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 am

Thank you for responding. Not sure if this is the answer on My SQL...I am using Access...all on my laptop. I am desigining with NOF 10 and using 1and1 as my host.
kay
kayBe

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 am

Thank you for responding. Not sure if this is the answer on My SQL...I am using Access...all on my laptop. I am desigining with NOF 10 and using 1and1 as my host.
kay
With Access, you need to define a DSN in Windows before you can use the database from another application.

It's very different from using MySQL.

Access is a desktop database, not intended for web use. It can work on a low traffic site, but check with 1 & 1 for how to implement it on their servers.

We use PHP and MySQL here. I've developed many Access database applications over the years, but never for web use.

Admin Chuck

Return to “MySQL Q&A”