PHP help for Dummies? I am one!

Discussion and Questions about PHP.
bevwedg

PHP help for Dummies? I am one!

Postby bevwedg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi, I'm currently using NOF 9.5 and want to use the testimonial components.

1. I'm struggling to understand the .csv file bit. Do I have to create this and if so how, or does the testimonial suite do it. (When I ftp connect I can't find it so presume I'm doing something wrong).

2. I've tried to do a <?phpinfo()?> in a text file called text.php - I've uploaded it but when I view it in my browser all I see is the <?phpinfo()?> bit. What am I doing wrong?

Also, How can I change the appearance of the text on the php pages. I understand the options offered and the load style bit on the suite tab, but can't see how to (for example) change the text to bold. Is this something seperate in Sitestyle, and if so which bit?

Sorry to be a muppet, but I'm only used to doing basic stuff and letting NOF do the other bits :oops:
David

admin
Site Admin

Re: PHP help for Dummies? I am one!

Postby admin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi, I'm currently using NOF 9.5 and want to use the testimonial components.

1. I'm struggling to understand the .csv file bit. Do I have to create this and if so how, or does the testimonial suite do it. (When I ftp connect I can't find it so presume I'm doing something wrong).

2. I've tried to do a <?phpinfo()?> in a text file called text.php - I've uploaded it but when I view it in my browser all I see is the <?phpinfo()?> bit. What am I doing wrong?

Also, How can I change the appearance of the text on the php pages. I understand the options offered and the load style bit on the suite tab, but can't see how to (for example) change the text to bold. Is this something seperate in Sitestyle, and if so which bit?

Sorry to be a muppet, but I'm only used to doing basic stuff and letting NOF do the other bits :oops:
David
1. When you use database components, Fusion generates the csv files for them when you publish.

2. Are you putting spaces in the code? and semi-colon after the () ? should be: <? phpinfo(); ?>

What do you mean by php pages?

Admin Chuck

Return to “PHP Q&A”