Creating Forms that work

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
Zamandra

Creating Forms that work

Postby Zamandra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:25 am

I have had the NetObjects Fusion8 for some time as it seems to do all I want. I am a new user of this forum and not very computer literate. Being a piano tuner (60yrs) I had no option but to turn to electronic advertising to attract work. I have a functioning web site with a 'pirated' form attached because I couldn't get my head around the Fusion 8 User Guide to add a NetObjects Form in a functioning status. I have created a new web site as a means of updating and need to understand just how to create a form that will work so that inquiries may be submitted. I really need to be nursed through the process as my computer skills are limited. Can anyone assist or direct me to an appropriate party who knows how to do this. I have found not a soul here in Australia who knows a thing about NetObjects Fusion 8 or any other version for that matter.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating Forms that work

Postby admin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 am

I have had the NetObjects Fusion8 for some time as it seems to do all I want. I am a new user of this forum and not very computer literate. Being a piano tuner (60yrs) I had no option but to turn to electronic advertising to attract work. I have a functioning web site with a 'pirated' form attached because I couldn't get my head around the Fusion 8 User Guide to add a NetObjects Form in a functioning status. I have created a new web site as a means of updating and need to understand just how to create a form that will work so that inquiries may be submitted. I really need to be nursed through the process as my computer skills are limited. Can anyone assist or direct me to an appropriate party who knows how to do this. I have found not a soul here in Australia who knows a thing about NetObjects Fusion 8 or any other version for that matter.
First of all... welcome.

Using the form tools in Fusion to set up a form is very straightforward. You make something like a table into a form by going to its properties and checking the "Is a form" check box.

Then you start adding form fields with text labels and a submit button.

That gets you to the point of having a form that includes the information you want to gather and looks as you want it to look.

Yes, you have to name the form fields and set their lengths and so on. That's basic stuff.

Where people have the most problems is in the "now what" phase.

How to make the form work.

You probably just want the form data to be emailed to you.

You can do this in the most basic form by using a mailto: as the form action.

This, however, isn't wise because people using web-based email (Yahoo, Google, HotMail, etc.) cannot use your form. It's also unwise because it exposes your email address to spambots to be harvested.

You need a form-handling script to use as your form action.

Get you form designed and I'll cover that in another post.

Does your web host provide PHP language support?

Admin Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”