'Manual entry' field for forms?

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
markaman

'Manual entry' field for forms?

Postby markaman » Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 am

Does anyone know of a way (maybe an NOF component, third party or otherwise) to add a 'manual entry' field that would be required for submission to eliminate robot sending of forms? I see these fields on most forms these days. This never used to be a problem but I'm getting a ton of these robot 'submissions' lately.

admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Manual entry' field for forms?

Postby admin » Sun May 25, 2008 8:57 am

Does anyone know of a way (maybe an NOF component, third party or otherwise) to add a 'manual entry' field that would be required for submission to eliminate robot sending of forms? I see these fields on most forms these days. This never used to be a problem but I'm getting a ton of these robot 'submissions' lately.
You mean a CAPTCHA? Typing in a string of characters from an image.

I don't know what you use for a form handler now, but take a look at Form@iler from DBMasters.

http://www.dbmasters.net/index.php?id=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy to implement in Fusion. Requires a web server with PHP support. Most have it these days.

Admin Chuck

markaman

Re: 'Manual entry' field for forms?

Postby markaman » Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks. This looks good. In fact, it appears that you don't even need the 'Captcha' field with this if you configure all the other 'anti-spam' cues he has built into it, like hidden fields shutdown, disallowing < > and [ ] and multiple URLs. Nearly ever bogus submission I get is filled with URLs. I'll try it. Thanks again.
I might add that there's even a guy in Utah that's made a tutorial just for NOF users to integrate this script into NOF pages. It's here: http://www.suwebs.com/html/formmailer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Fusion 8”