Script insert for Members Onlylog in

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
Kay

Script insert for Members Onlylog in

Postby Kay » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:08 pm

I downloaded a free version of the "Members Only" script http://www.ncubed.com/Products/Members_Only/Free/.
Now, this is really stupid and I apologize for this question: what do I do with this script? I tried to insert it in HTML, and it just produces the words of the script above the master border. What I'm trying to do is to create a "members Only" page with password login. Can you help? I have Version NOF 8.
thanks in advance for help!
kayBe

admin
Site Admin

Re: Script insert for Members Onlylog in

Postby admin » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:00 pm

I downloaded a free version of the "Members Only" script http://www.ncubed.com/Products/Members_Only/Free/.
Now, this is really stupid and I apologize for this question: what do I do with this script? I tried to insert it in HTML, and it just produces the words of the script above the master border. What I'm trying to do is to create a "members Only" page with password login. Can you help? I have Version NOF 8.
thanks in advance for help!
Well..... it's not hard... but it's not simple either.

First of all... does your web server support ASP scripting? If not, this won't work for you.

If it does, then you would first change your page extensions on pages that you want to include this code on to .asp from the default of .html.

Then you need to read the instructions in each of the files and follow them as to where you place the code.

In Fusion, you place the code in the appropriate code insertion points (according to the script instructions they included.

It's not just a simple copy an paste operation. Some code goes at the beginning of the page, some goes in the header and some in the body.

This could be in Master Border HTML or Layout HTML or in a text box using Ctrl+T to insert the code.

If you accomplish this, be aware that a local publish or preview won't show the code in action. You would need to upload your pages to the ASP-supporting web server.

We do PHP here, not ASP... but the principal is the same.

Admin Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”