Page I was working on, Changed all pages to match it...

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
NJG252

Page I was working on, Changed all pages to match it...

Postby NJG252 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 am

Stuck again.
Maybe think I have to work with this more often than qtrly ??!! LOL

I was working on my 'troubleshooting' page. Had done "home', 'contact', FAQ, and Services and they were check boxed as Done.
When I previewed site....
ALL the pages were now 'troubleshooting' ?!!!

What the heck did I forget to do, or what did I do wrong ?

I tried looking this up in the user guide, but I'm not finding the category fast enough, and I've got 30 more pages to do !!
HELP ?!!
Thank you so much for any pointers !!
Nan

admin
Site Admin

Re: Page I was working on, Changed all pages to match it...

Postby admin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 am

Stuck again.
Maybe think I have to work with this more often than qtrly ??!! LOL

I was working on my 'troubleshooting' page. Had done "home', 'contact', FAQ, and Services and they were check boxed as Done.
When I previewed site....
ALL the pages were now 'troubleshooting' ?!!!

What the heck did I forget to do, or what did I do wrong ?

I tried looking this up in the user guide, but I'm not finding the category fast enough, and I've got 30 more pages to do !!
HELP ?!!
Thank you so much for any pointers !!
Nan
Sounds like you inadvertently placed the content of the Troubleshooting page in the Master Border instead of the Layout.

If the only content on the other pages is that of the Troubleshooting page, you have been doing this all along, starting with the first page.

If the first pages were fine until you did the TS page, you didn't goof until then.

NJG252

Postby NJG252 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:49 am

Most excellent.
YES> I had all the other pages correctly set with layout/borders / etc. They had been fine all thru all five getting done. Then I got the flu, left it go for a week or three, and got back to it yesterday....
worked ONLY on the troubleshooting page , and was in fact having a whole lot of mess ups while workin' on it, and used edit about 100 times to undo some stupid thing....and Yep, that's when
I Know I had seen a border warning of some sort get in my way, and I just stupidly kept going AT IT !!!

Will carefully approach that 'plotting' as I go, from now on. At least on most of this , I usually Only need to be corrected once and I normally don't make the exact same dumb mistake again.....Lots of times - a whole NEW dumb mistake, but oh well.
I keep learning. Just not big on lots of online reading, and why the guide just seemed too scattered, and not 'searchable'.
Thank you Thank you Chuck. Your presence here is wholly appreciated !!!
Nan

Return to “Fusion 8”