Tables

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
TR75

Tables

Postby TR75 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:43 am

I have been trying to add a table and the program crashes every time before I can finish. I believe that the error I receive just before it crashes is something to the effect that the object is too large. I get that when I simply highlight the text in a cell to change the font size. I don't see how it is too large when the text is probably anywhere from 10-50 characters. I was even saving and publishing as I went along this last time and when it crashed...the entire table disappeared as if it was never there although part of it was published on the web. I have since published again so what was there is no longer available to view.

It doesn't look like I can import or copy and paste an Excel spreadsheet and that would be the easiest solution. The information in the spreadsheet is being used just as a table and there are no formulas. I could build the table in Word if that could be imported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Matt

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tables

Postby admin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:46 pm

I have been trying to add a table and the program crashes every time before I can finish. I believe that the error I receive just before it crashes is something to the effect that the object is too large. I get that when I simply highlight the text in a cell to change the font size. I don't see how it is too large when the text is probably anywhere from 10-50 characters. I was even saving and publishing as I went along this last time and when it crashed...the entire table disappeared as if it was never there although part of it was published on the web. I have since published again so what was there is no longer available to view.

It doesn't look like I can import or copy and paste an Excel spreadsheet and that would be the easiest solution. The information in the spreadsheet is being used just as a table and there are no formulas. I could build the table in Word if that could be imported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pasting in content from any Office program will cause problems.

It you must paste in content like that, use "Paste Special Unformatted", not just "Paste".

You don't say which version of Excel you use, but prior to Office 2007, proprietary code ended up getting pasted in along with what you see visually.

Office 2007 uses XML formatting. I haven't tried pasting in anything from it, mostly out of habit.

For large tables ("large' being a very subjective term), I've always used PHP and a database rather than static tables. Even if the information itself is rarely if ever updated.

Admin Chuck

TR75

Postby TR75 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:03 pm

It's Excel 2003 but I won't be pasting it in. The information is simply data that I want to be displayed in a table like format. The information is event results for my dog.
Matt

TR75

Postby TR75 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Well, I got it published but the only thing I did different was that I eliminated some of the text from one of the columns and I filled it in by the column and then published rather than doing it by the row. I am sure that was just coincidental though. Anyhow, it's posted. I am sure I will be asking more questions as I build the site.

Thanks!
Matt

Return to “Fusion 8”