What gets uploaded to IP server

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
landisd

What gets uploaded to IP server

Postby landisd » Sun May 06, 2007 6:49 pm

what mysql files should I upload to the server along with the php files created in v8 (using the proper connectors, etc.). There is a folder (I'm in Windows) with the name of the sql database and two files inside of it. Do I simply upload the folder with its files or something else? I did check the php installation on the IP and it does support mysql.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan Landis
Dan Landis

landisd

A related question

Postby landisd » Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 pm

When I look at the v8 created php file, the reference to the database is ("localhost",userid, password, databasename). Should I change the "localhost" to the directory on the IP server that the file will be in?

Thanks

Dan
Dan Landis

admin
Site Admin

Re: A related question

Postby admin » Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 pm

When I look at the v8 created php file, the reference to the database is ("localhost",userid, password, databasename). Should I change the "localhost" to the directory on the IP server that the file will be in?

Thanks

Dan
Fusion probably won't be able to connect to the database on the web server. That's why you test locally.

Once you copy the database to the web server, by exporting a sql file locally and then using the MySQL interface your host provides to make a new database on the web server, your connection will still be "localhost" since the web site will then be attempting to connect to the database locally to it.

You may need to check with your host to see if they provide multiple databases or just a single database that you then place unique tables in your multiple sites if you wish.

I've seen it done both ways.

Chuck

landisd

Postby landisd » Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm

I understand--so I am trying to do the test locally, but:

I changed the DocumentRoot in the Apache configuration file to point to the Local Publish folder of the UserSite in the V8 folder. When I did a local publish within V8, all it gave me was the code of index.php, not as is usual going to my browser and showing me the results of the code. I then closed V8 and opened the browser and pointed it to localhost and it showed me the files in the local publish folder, clicking on index.php simply gave a blank screen....have I done something stupid (not unsual for me)....

You've been a big help on this day of supposed rest...

Dan
Dan Landis

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 pm

I understand--so I am trying to do the test locally, but:

I changed the DocumentRoot in the Apache configuration file to point to the Local Publish folder of the UserSite in the V8 folder. When I did a local publish within V8, all it gave me was the code of index.php, not as is usual going to my browser and showing me the results of the code. I then closed V8 and opened the browser and pointed it to localhost and it showed me the files in the local publish folder, clicking on index.php simply gave a blank screen....have I done something stupid (not unsual for me)....

You've been a big help on this day of supposed rest...

Dan
A local publish of php pages will do that. To see the page as designed with the php code executed, you do need to view through a web browser pointing to the page at http://localhost/...whatever...

Sounds like a web server configuration issue. Your httpd.conf file may not recognize .php as needing the server to process php code. Or as a valid extension for the index page.

Look for a section like this:

# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
# The index.html.var file (a type-map) is used to deliver content-
# negotiated documents. The MultiViews Option can be used for the
# same purpose, but it is much slower.
#
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm

Making sure the index.php is in there on the DirectoryIndex line.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”