resizing navigation bars

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
JCB

resizing navigation bars

Postby JCB » Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm

i am using a nav bar from one of the inbuilt site styles and cant get it to fit width wise. I want it to be less than 800 pixels wide but cant resize the nave bar ?? i can change the font size within each button but the button width is fixed (presumably cause i am using a standard .gif image from the assets folder). why cant i drag the whole bar to a different sie jut like you can with a text box or image ?? help !!!

admin
Site Admin

Re: resizing navigation bars

Postby admin » Thu May 03, 2007 6:14 pm

i am using a nav bar from one of the inbuilt site styles and cant get it to fit width wise. I want it to be less than 800 pixels wide but cant resize the nave bar ?? i can change the font size within each button but the button width is fixed (presumably cause i am using a standard .gif image from the assets folder). why cant i drag the whole bar to a different sie jut like you can with a text box or image ?? help !!!
You answered your own question. :wink:

Navbars in fusion are image based. The sizes are fixed in the sense you can't stretch them.

You can, however, make new images for your style that are any size you want them to be.

You can do this with any graphics program you like.

You would make the images and then save them in the Site Style folder in your Site folder. Use the names of the existing files for the various button states.

Admin Chuck

JCB

Postby JCB » Fri May 04, 2007 5:04 am

how frustrating !!! i managed to edit the image in corel photo paint and do as you said but its very time consuming as i wanted the nav bar to fit exactly into the 800 pixel width so i had to work out the size using "trial and error". what is frustrating is that you can re-size an image but not an image based nav bar !!! i do often wonder how a software designers brain works !!! LOL......not a logical way sometimes....ho hum !!

MacromediaMe

Postby MacromediaMe » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:03 am

I don't know if this will help, but what I do is find the original nav button in my files (NOF>User Sites>Styles> or however it goes) and open that in my graphics program, then delete or copy over the image and put whatever I like in there. That way you know what size the image has to be and it fits perfectly when you put it to use. :D
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!

GTBill

Postby GTBill » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm

OK, I had the same problem and MacroMediaMe's answer worked perfectly. But now I want to make the text on the buttons larger but I can't seem to get it to work. I tried changing it in the Text menu/Edit Text Styles and selecting TextNavBarObject but no changes I make will work. Is there a way to enlarge the text for the Navigation Buttons? Thanks in advance.
Ever since my drain bammage I've been a little dyslexic.

GTBill

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:21 pm

OK, I had the same problem and MacroMediaMe's answer worked perfectly. But now I want to make the text on the buttons larger but I can't seem to get it to work. I tried changing it in the Text menu/Edit Text Styles and selecting TextNavBarObject but no changes I make will work. Is there a way to enlarge the text for the Navigation Buttons? Thanks in advance.
You do this in Style View.

Select each button (eight of them!) and in its properties, you set the font typeface and size, etc..

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”