Beeg Problem!!! Puleese help!!!

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.

Beeg Problem!!! Puleese help!!!

Postby MacromediaMe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:36 pm

I had my site like 3 quarters of the way done, then one day when I tried to open one of the pages it came up with a message that said, "This page is to large to be loaded. You can reduce the size of the page by using smaller font size (the font size can be set in Style view), or you can open the page when you run Fusion on Windows NT."
Eventually I was able to get to my site by going through a different page, but not long afterward the same thing happened. I was able to get in again, but then it happened again. This time, after trying every page, I wasn't able to acces my site besides the site view. The same message always come up. What do I do?!?!?!?
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Re: Beeg Problem!!! Puleese help!!!

Postby admin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 am

MacromediaMe wrote:I had my site like 3 quarters of the way done, then one day when I tried to open one of the pages it came up with a message that said, "This page is to large to be loaded. You can reduce the size of the page by using smaller font size (the font size can be set in Style view), or you can open the page when you run Fusion on Windows NT."
Eventually I was able to get to my site by going through a different page, but not long afterward the same thing happened. I was able to get in again, but then it happened again. This time, after trying every page, I wasn't able to acces my site besides the site view. The same message always come up. What do I do?!?!?!?


Have you changed your Windows desktop settings to use large fonts? This can cause this problem.

Could also be a problem with a master border.

In Site View, go to a pages properties and switch the Master Border to ZeroMargins. See if the page will open.

Admin Chuck
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby MacromediaMe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:38 am

I'll try that, thanks for the help.
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Postby MacromediaMe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 am

Ok, so doing the Zero Margins thing worked, but I need the Borders. So I tryed putting it back to borders, and making the site font smaller, but it still won't open the site.

And it isn't something to do with Windows, because the problem originally started when running NOF on 2000 NT, then I ported my site to the desktop running XP; same problem. And all my other sites open just fine.
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Postby admin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:32 am

MacromediaMe wrote:Ok, so doing the Zero Margins thing worked, but I need the Borders. So I tryed putting it back to borders, and making the site font smaller, but it still won't open the site.

And it isn't something to do with Windows, because the problem originally started when running NOF on 2000 NT, then I ported my site to the desktop running XP; same problem. And all my other sites open just fine.


You may need to make a new master border.

When you have a page opened with the ZeroMargins MB, make a new master border based on the Zero border. Then you can drag out the master border guides in the rulers to make new master borders. Re-add your original content.

Delete the bad master border from the Master Border list.

Chuck
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby MacromediaMe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 am

I'll try that, thanks for the help. :D
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Postby MacromediaMe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:33 pm

Ok, at first it worked.

But today I tried opening it, and it wouldn't open with the Zero Margins or no. The site must have a virus or something.
Thankfully, I have a backup of that site that is almost the same, so I guess I will continue from there, unless you have any more ideas.
Thanks for the help!
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Postby admin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:56 pm

MacromediaMe wrote:Ok, at first it worked.

But today I tried opening it, and it wouldn't open with the Zero Margins or no. The site must have a virus or something.
Thankfully, I have a backup of that site that is almost the same, so I guess I will continue from there, unless you have any more ideas.
Thanks for the help!


Are you pasting in content from Word or some other source?

It can cause site corruption.

Chuck
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby MacromediaMe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:13 am

I had been earlier quite frequently, but not in the borders. Uh, oh.... :?
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Postby admin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:45 pm

MacromediaMe wrote:I had been earlier quite frequently, but not in the borders. Uh, oh.... :?


Pasting in Word content brings in hidden formatting code. Not HTML friendly.

Either run the text through Notepad or use "Paste Special Unformatted" in Fusion.

The extraneous formatting code can usually be deleted from the Layout HTML in Design View. You'll find it in blue in the upper pane. Remove it from the lower pane.

Hopefully you haven't caused any irreversible corruption.

Chuck
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby MacromediaMe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Ok, right now I am using a backup of that site, so I don't need that right now, but if the same thing happens with this site, I will try that. Thanks for the help!
I wish my site would open with borders!!!!!!
MacromediaMe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: USA


Return to Fusion 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron