How to publish a site locally

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
roger

How to publish a site locally

Postby roger » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:18 pm

I am new user of netobjects fusion 8. When I try to publish the site locally, I don't get the option 'Local/Network' in the Server Type drop donw list under the Attributes section on the Publish Setting dialogue box. It is blank right now. And so it won't do anything when I press the Publish button.
I understand that I need to publish the site locally before I can publish to the internet. Can you help me to get the issue sorted out please? I am desperate to get this issue resolved.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to publish a site locally

Postby admin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:04 pm

I am new user of netobjects fusion 8. When I try to publish the site locally, I don't get the option 'Local/Network' in the Server Type drop donw list under the Attributes section on the Publish Setting dialogue box. It is blank right now. And so it won't do anything when I press the Publish button.
I understand that I need to publish the site locally before I can publish to the internet. Can you help me to get the issue sorted out please? I am desperate to get this issue resolved.

Thanks
No, you don't need to publish locally before you publish to the Internet.

You just create a remote publish profile and publish to the web server.

If you don't have a local publish option, it's because you have a "crippled" version of Fusion 8 that only works with the host you got it from.

Like Netfirms, for example.

A local publish allows you to view the site as you would on a web server and use an external FTP program to publish if you wish.

Admin Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”