Please Please Please Help!!!!!

Got Fusion 8 questions? Discuss them here.
sparkash

Please Please Please Help!!!!!

Postby sparkash » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:34 pm

I am in a panic!!! :cry:

I have been working on a website using fusion8 for some time now and is 105 pages in size. I was using ftp to upload my site to the hosting server, but unknown to me there was a problem with the host ftp server, hence i was unable to upload. Ever since then, whenever i try and load my site in netfusion it comes up with the cursed ' netobjects has encountered a problem and will close'. When i try and load the nod files in the recovery folder it come up with:

'The current sitestyle has been deleted. Please set a new style for this site'.

It then loads up fine, but all the buttons and image are missing. When i try to preview it, it crashes as before .

I did make a backup about 4 months ago and this seems to work fine. But i dont want to re do the last 4 months again as they were hard months!!

Apart from that netfusion works fine with any other site. I have re -installed netfusion and get the same problem, also i am getting the same problem when i load the same website project from my laptop.

If anyone can help i will be eternally grateful

admin
Site Admin

Re: Please Please Please Help!!!!!

Postby admin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:22 pm

I am in a panic!!! :cry:

I have been working on a website using fusion8 for some time now and is 105 pages in size. I was using ftp to upload my site to the hosting server, but unknown to me there was a problem with the host ftp server, hence i was unable to upload. Ever since then, whenever i try and load my site in netfusion it comes up with the cursed ' netobjects has encountered a problem and will close'. When i try and load the nod files in the recovery folder it come up with:

'The current sitestyle has been deleted. Please set a new style for this site'.

It then loads up fine, but all the buttons and image are missing. When i try to preview it, it crashes as before .

I did make a backup about 4 months ago and this seems to work fine. But i dont want to re do the last 4 months again as they were hard months!!

Apart from that netfusion works fine with any other site. I have re -installed netfusion and get the same problem, also i am getting the same problem when i load the same website project from my laptop.

If anyone can help i will be eternally grateful
First off, it's NetObjects Fusion, not "netfusion". :wink:

Fusion keeps backups of site files for you by default.

Look in your site folder in User Sites. You'll find a backup folder. Unless you've opened the site without it crshing and saved it, you should have a four backups in there. Move one into the site folder, rename it to your normal nod file name and open it with Fusion.

As you've discovered, there's also a recovery folder that saves a pre-crash copy of your site.

Try opening one and then reoptimizing your site in Site View. That may help.

Be sure to rename the recovery nod as your normal nod name.That could be why it's not finding the site style.

If you pasted in any content from Word, that could be the cause of your problems.

Admin Chuck

sparkash

Postby sparkash » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:51 am

Thanks Chuck, i shall give that a try :P

Dont know why i keep calling it netfusion, its happened before aswell.

Regards

Surinder

sparkash

Postby sparkash » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Ok, i have tried the above and have had some success. :?

The *.nod files in the backup folder are almost 5 months old. However, when i copy the file in to the site folder and rename it to my normal file name and try to run it, netobjects crashes. If i try and run it as is, from the backup folder, then the nod file loads up (including the sitestyle) but all the images are missing.

In the recovery file, i have renamed a nod file (that is only a few days old)to my normal nod file name and ran it. And this time it loads up, but again as before, all the images are missing. I have tried re-optimising the site but to no avail.

All the images are in the assets folder and the path for each image is indeed pointing to the correct location.

The nod files will load partially from within the recovery folder ( as described above) , but when i copy it in to the site folder and run it, netobjects crashes. It appears that any nod file i put in to the site folder will cause the program to crash.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Ok, i have tried the above and have had some success. :?

The *.nod files in the backup folder are almost 5 months old. However, when i copy the file in to the site folder and rename it to my normal file name and try to run it, netobjects crashes. If i try and run it as is, from the backup folder, then the nod file loads up (including the sitestyle) but all the images are missing.

In the recovery file, i have renamed a nod file (that is only a few days old)to my normal nod file name and ran it. And this time it loads up, but again as before, all the images are missing. I have tried re-optimising the site but to no avail.

All the images are in the assets folder and the path for each image is indeed pointing to the correct location.

The nod files will load partially from within the recovery folder ( as described above) , but when i copy it in to the site folder and run it, netobjects crashes. It appears that any nod file i put in to the site folder will cause the program to crash.
The images appear to be missing because you're opening the file from another location.

Try doing so, then if the only problem is missing images, choose to Save the site under another name (from the file manu in Site View), then save it into the root folder of your site in User Sites.

That should allow the nod to find the images that are in their location in the Assets folder by restoring the proper path.

Chuck

sparkash

Postby sparkash » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:48 pm

:D Thanks chuck. That fixed it!!! If i ever win the lottery, i'll be paying you a visit. youre a lifesaver.

Another quick question.

Quite often i get an error message saying something like 'damaged objects have been found on the page and will be deleted'. This is becoming a common occurance. What causes it? its becoming a bit of a pain.

Also, if i were to purchase netobjects ver 10, can i import my site in to it straight away, bearing in mind that my site is being built using version 8.

cheers mate

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:16 pm

:D Thanks chuck. That fixed it!!! If i ever win the lottery, i'll be paying you a visit. youre a lifesaver.

Another quick question.

Quite often i get an error message saying something like 'damaged objects have been found on the page and will be deleted'. This is becoming a common occurance. What causes it? its becoming a bit of a pain.

Also, if i were to purchase netobjects ver 10, can i import my site in to it straight away, bearing in mind that my site is being built using version 8.

cheers mate
Glad you're back on track. :D

If you're getting the damaged objects messages, you've done something to corrupt the database that is the nod file.

This can happen if you manually insert code into the HTML Source View or if you paste in content from Word, for example. Don't do these things. You're asking for trouble.

It's good practice to delete unused assets and re-optimize your site from time to time. That will clean up some errors.

Unused master borders can sometimes be a source of trouble also. Delete any you aren't using, especially if you used them in the past and they're still hanging around.

Another source of corruption can be using spaces in file names or even page names. Fusion will replace spaces with underscores, but it's best to not use them at all. ometimes the substitution process can get out of sync.

Look in the Fusion 10 forum for my migration recommendations.

And, of course, you can buy Fusion 10 through the BeyondFusion Store page. :wink:

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 8”