Publishing problems

The latest Fusion release! Succeeds Fusion 2013
AndyQ

Publishing problems

Postby AndyQ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am

Hi - I recently suffered a major issue with my Mac and lost all my apps. I managed to save my old Fusion sites and subsequently repurchased V15
I copied across my old sites and updated and re-saved the latest version.

The problem is when I publish I get the following errors and it won’t update:

Error sending the file \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\Master Dec 17\Preview\style.css to the server
Error sending the file \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\Master Dec 17\Preview\site.css to the server
Error sending the file \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\Master Dec 17\Preview\nof_jcarousel_skin.css to the server
Error sending the file C:\Program Files (x86)\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 2015\NetObjects System\fusion.css to the server
Error sending the file \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\Master Dec 17\Preview\gigs.html to the server

I assume I need to fond those files and copy them across to the newly installed version of Fusion 15. Is that correct and If so, exactly where should I copy to?

Thank you

Andy

AndyQ

Re: Publishing problems

Postby AndyQ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Hmmmm.....atempted that approach - didn't work. HELP! I am stuck now :D

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:30 pm

When you get messages saying files in the Preview folder can't be found, it's time to delete the contents of that folder and then Re-optimize your site in Site View.

That should clear the bogus error messages.
Chuck Joslin
System Admin
BeyondFusion.com

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am

Hi Chuck - thanks for responding. Could you possibly explain in detail how I do that? I have gone to Site View, but don't know how to access the Preview Folder and don't understand re-optimise I am afraid. I've used the program for more than 10 years but still am a bit of a novice I am afraid. Thanks. Andy

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi - can you let me know urgently please?

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 am

Hi sorry to chase but I desperately need to update my website, can you respond please?

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 am

Guys - can someone respond to me please?

SO - I managed to work out how to clear Preview file. (I did this by looking at the site versions local publish user site)

I then re local published

I then reoptimised the site in site view

I then re FTP published

No change.

Any next suggestions?

Thanks
Andy

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 am

So I have now created a brand new site. Tried to publish - no joy - still errors. I then created a really simple one. One page. One word on it. Cleared preview. Reoptimised. Same issue - won't publish. FTP connection completing OK though. What do I do next?

AndyQ

Postby AndyQ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm

OK - so now I have deinstalled the V15 program. Reinstalled using the disk I bought, then ran the on line updates from your site. Created a brand new one page site, local publish - won't work. Then ftp. publish 25 errors!! how can it? I literally changed one word from the template.

Return to “Fusion 2015”