I think assets are messed up!

Got questions about Fusion 7.5 or Fusion Essentials? Ask here.
joypauk

I think assets are messed up!

Postby joypauk » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:49 am

Hi
I could not find the other post from 6 weeks ago but I had a strange directory show up with a clip art, when I try to view it, it says it is not on my system, ( I do not remember using any clipart- the file is mso.html1). It has little squiggly lines in some of the subdirectories. I remember Anton telling me about viewing assets etc but I dont remember exactly how to go throught the process. There were several steps. I also want to know why I keep doing this, there must be something I am doing to create this problem.
Thanks again.
Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Re: I think assets are messed up!

Postby admin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi
I could not find the other post from 6 weeks ago but I had a strange directory show up with a clip art, when I try to view it, it says it is not on my system, ( I do not remember using any clipart- the file is mso.html1). It has little squiggly lines in some of the subdirectories. I remember Anton telling me about viewing assets etc but I dont remember exactly how to go throught the process. There were several steps. I also want to know why I keep doing this, there must be something I am doing to create this problem.
Thanks again.
Joyce
Are you pasting in content from Microsoft Word?

Where are you seeing this directory appear?

Admin Chuck

joypauk

I think assets are messed up

Postby joypauk » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:49 am

Hi
I dont remember now but I think it was in publish view. I made a lot of changes to my web site, can I just publish the whole site again to my web site or will that mess things up. That way I could see what happeded. Last time it threw me out .
Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Re: I think assets are messed up

Postby admin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi
I dont remember now but I think it was in publish view. I made a lot of changes to my web site, can I just publish the whole site again to my web site or will that mess things up. That way I could see what happeded. Last time it threw me out .
Joyce
Yes, you can publish your entire site again.

If you've changed page names or site structure, some old pages may be left on the server, but the links on the newly published pages won't point to any of them. They'll just be there taking up space.

You can delete old pages before or after you publish.

Before publishing:

1. Delete unused assets in Assts View
2. Delete the Preview and Local Publish folders in your site folder on your PC.
3. Then reoptimize in Site View.
4. Then publish.

Chuck

joypauk

Postby joypauk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:23 am

Hi
Thanks for the advice.
I did change all the names of my images in assets after I had posted my web site. Is there some way of deleting the site from the net and re-publishing so all those files dont stay on my site, I am limited to space on my 1 and 1 hosting site.
Thanks again.
Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:41 am

Hi
Thanks for the advice.
I did change all the names of my images in assets after I had posted my web site. Is there some way of deleting the site from the net and re-publishing so all those files dont stay on my site, I am limited to space on my 1 and 1 hosting site.
Thanks again.
Joyce
You can use a standalone FTP program. CuteFTP from GlobalScape is a good one. You connect and browse your site folder on the web server and delete files as you wish.

Or you can likely use your control panel that comes with your hosting account.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 7.5 - Fusion Essentials”