My site crashing on 'save as' compacting .nod

Support for Fusion 11
cliffcobb

Re: My site crashing on 'save as' compacting .nod

Postby cliffcobb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks very much, Chuck, and I will download that resizer and use that. I put the photos like that there because people were complaining about the galleries! I see in the NOF forum people recommend visual lightbox, a free download. Do you have experience of this? I received details of Free Slideshow Maker from them too.

My question would be, is it easy for me, an non-technical amateur, able to incorporate this into Fusion 11? They say if you are a business user, you pay and then have the option of having a Gallery Maker and an ability to display the videos we have. Should we pay the $100 for all this (not that we have the money!) or can we make do with the free Slideshow Maker? If you think the paid version will solve my problems only, I will try to get someone to buy it for us.

Regards, Cliff

cliffcobb

Postby cliffcobb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Chuck, I think I have now found the origin of my problem.

I have started working on a new site and slowly building it up. I keep on using 'save as' so that I keep what I have done so far. On my 10th 'save as' it now crashes every time I try to go to 'page' view. I can save my up-to-date site but any attempt to 'save as' from any of the 10 I have in user sites results in crashes.

The only thing I have done before the 'save as' was to delete old user sites since my harddrive was getting too full. I merely went into my folder with user sites and deleted back copies of my OLD site, not the new. It seems that the operation of deleting old user sites has caused the problem.

Looking back, the problem I had with my present site came after deleting old user sites from the folder.

Does this help get to a solution? I am feeling pretty bad just now as I have spent ages putting together the new design of the site.

Cheers, Cliff

cliffcobb

Postby cliffcobb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Chuck, odd. I went back to try again and I can now 'save as' as normal.

I can't go to the support center any more though. It gets to login and says error, line 16, expected indentifer, .../index.php/login. Asks to continue anyway, say yes. Trying to get to history of present problem box comes up again, error line 185..... /index.php/history and then no way can get rid of box saying yes or no. Have to abort.

Can it be something to do with Internet Explorer 6 I use? Does Fusion 11 work with Explorer 8 which is available?

It seems the indexing for support and the save as problem comes from deleting past sites. I never delete the first ones I did, though.

Cheers, Cliff

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Chuck, odd. I went back to try again and I can now 'save as' as normal.

I can't go to the support center any more though. It gets to login and says error, line 16, expected indentifer, .../index.php/login. Asks to continue anyway, say yes. Trying to get to history of present problem box comes up again, error line 185..... /index.php/history and then no way can get rid of box saying yes or no. Have to abort.

Can it be something to do with Internet Explorer 6 I use? Does Fusion 11 work with Explorer 8 which is available?

It seems the indexing for support and the save as problem comes from deleting past sites. I never delete the first ones I did, though.

Cheers, Cliff
Why are you doing "save as". That creates a new site file. Use Save, not Save As. Fusion keeps backups for you automatically.

You're needlessly cluttering up your hard drive.

Chuck

cliffcobb

Postby cliffcobb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:54 am

Hi Chuck, the reason I have used 'save as' was to avoid a crash when working within Fusion and then being unable to get the site back. This happened to me a couple of times on earlier versions. But, as you say, I will just use 'save' now.

Cliff

Return to “Fusion 11”