Email visible in source code.

Support for Fusion 11
GTBill

Email visible in source code.

Postby GTBill » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 am

A few years ago when I was using version 7 I got a ton of spam because I had my email address on my web site. I changed it to an image which people could write down if they wanted to email me. It helped with the spam but is inconvenient for users. I read that version 10 hid your email address. Well I finally upgraded to version 11 and just added my email address but it is visible in the source code. Is there a way around this? Thanks.
Ever since my drain bammage I've been a little dyslexic.

GTBill

admin
Site Admin

Re: Email visible in source code.

Postby admin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:33 pm

A few years ago when I was using version 7 I got a ton of spam because I had my email address on my web site. I changed it to an image which people could write down if they wanted to email me. It helped with the spam but is inconvenient for users. I read that version 10 hid your email address. Well I finally upgraded to version 11 and just added my email address but it is visible in the source code. Is there a way around this? Thanks.
No... nothing built into Fusion to do this. Unless you use a form for people to email you from and use the form-handling script. That hides your email address.

For simple email links, you need to use another method.

Try this: http://www.addressmunger.com/

I use a Fusion component called Super Spamfree from Bitmotion, but I don't know if it's available anymore.

Chuck

GTBill

Re: Email visible in source code.

Postby GTBill » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks Chuck,

AddressMunger did the trick.
Ever since my drain bammage I've been a little dyslexic.

GTBill

Return to “Fusion 11”