Unable To Frame Photos

Support for Fusion 11
Norlad

Unable To Frame Photos

Postby Norlad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 pm

I am currently unable to add a thumbnail template frame or a photo template frame in the photo gallery properties editor. To be more specific, I can add the frames on the design page and see them, but when I preview them on the browser, there are no frames around the photos, only a tiny square on each corner of the photo. I've previously used NOF7 for 6 years without any problems. I'm now using NOF11 and am having this problem. I'm signed on as an administrator, have Java 1.6 on the system and am using windows 7 os.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable To Frame Photos

Postby admin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 pm

I am currently unable to add a thumbnail template frame or a photo template frame in the photo gallery properties editor. To be more specific, I can add the frames on the design page and see them, but when I preview them on the browser, there are no frames around the photos, only a tiny square on each corner of the photo. I've previously used NOF7 for 6 years without any problems. I'm now using NOF11 and am having this problem. I'm signed on as an administrator, have Java 1.6 on the system and am using windows 7 os.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Preview probably won't show everything. Try doing a local publish.

Chuck

Norlad

Postby Norlad » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Chuck, thank you for your quick response. "Local publish" is where the frames don't appear. That's why I'm hesitant to publish the site to my web server for fear the photos won't have any frames around them.

Thanks, Don.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 am

Chuck, thank you for your quick response. "Local publish" is where the frames don't appear. That's why I'm hesitant to publish the site to my web server for fear the photos won't have any frames around them.

Thanks, Don.
You said "Preview" which in Fusion is different than a Local Publish. :wink:

If you're using IE as your default browser in Fusion, you may be having some content blocked due to security settings.

Try publishing the page to a sub folder in your site for testing and see if it looks ok when you publish.

I've never seen what you describe, but... first time for everything.

To help further, I'd need to see an exported template of the the page in question to see what you're doing.

Chuck

Norlad

Postby Norlad » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks,
I'm probably not explaining myself too well because I'm blindly trying to find my way around this program. I did a Local Publish and everything looked ok. Then I figured I'd go ahead and do a Remote Publish (my default browser is Firefox). When I view my site (http://www.norlad.com) using IE8, everything looks fine. When I open the site using Firefox, nothing has been updated. I've checked my Firefox settings and there doesn't seem to be anything that's preventing my site from updating. I can only assume it's program settings in NOF11 that's not updating Firefox but I haven't been able to figure that out.
Anyway, I'm getting closer!

Don.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks,
I'm probably not explaining myself too well because I'm blindly trying to find my way around this program. I did a Local Publish and everything looked ok. Then I figured I'd go ahead and do a Remote Publish (my default browser is Firefox). When I view my site (http://www.norlad.com) using IE8, everything looks fine. When I open the site using Firefox, nothing has been updated. I've checked my Firefox settings and there doesn't seem to be anything that's preventing my site from updating. I can only assume it's program settings in NOF11 that's not updating Firefox but I haven't been able to figure that out.
Anyway, I'm getting closer!

Don.
There are no browser-specific settings in Fusion that would do what you say you're seeing.

When you publish your site, it updates files on the web server. There isn't one set for IE and another for FF or any other browser.

I just looked at http://www.norlad.com/html/photos.html in both IE8 and FF3.6.

The only difference I see is that the frames look better in FF.

Try clearing the browser cache in FF on your computer.

Chuck

Norlad

Postby Norlad » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 am

Success! Took your advice and it worked. Thanks for your help Chuck!

Don.

Return to “Fusion 11”