Secure site template - PHP/MySQL by BeyondFusion

Support for Fusion 11
admin
Site Admin

Secure site template - PHP/MySQL by BeyondFusion

Postby admin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm

I've put a secure site Fusion 11 template on sale in the BeyondFusion store. $30 - with support included, of course.

The template is 3 pages - a login page, a secure page and a logged out page.

This template does NOT use the Fusion secure site component.

It uses PHP sessions, with PHP code embedded in the pages. Al included is one external php file used to connect to a MySQL database and another with instructions for creating a database to use with the security system.

Click on the link to see a demo.

http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/securelogin.php

Admin Chuck

GTBill

Re: Secure site template - PHP/MySQL by BeyondFusion

Postby GTBill » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Chuck,

I'm very interested in your secure site template but I am absolutely the dumbest person pertaining to programming. I'll tell you what I need and maybe you can tell me what I need to do (or be able to do) to implement this.

I sell a software program (I actually programmed the original but that was 15+ years ago) on my site. I sell it (very rarely, I might add) through Paypal or Google Checkout where the customer just hits a Pay Now button. They are directed to Paypal/Google where they pay. They are then directed to a page on my website (totally unsecure) which tells them where to go to download the program.

I would like to secure this page somehow because as it is now the user can revisit the site anytime or tell his friends about it and they can download the program for free. I now this is stupid but I had a devastating computer crash and had to upgrade to Fusion 11 (to run on Windows 7). My old site was totally lost.

I would like the purchaser to enter their email address and a password on my page (to be stored in a MYSQL database) when they are directed there after purchasing from Paypal/Google Checkout. Then they could see the information they need to download the program. Anyone else coming to that page wouldn't be able to get in without the password. I would like an administrator page so I could lock out email addresses if I needed to, change passwords etc.

Maybe you have ideas I haven't thought of. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ever since my drain bammage I've been a little dyslexic.

GTBill

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Chuck,

I'm very interested in your secure site template but I am absolutely the dumbest person pertaining to programming. I'll tell you what I need and maybe you can tell me what I need to do (or be able to do) to implement this.

I sell a software program (I actually programmed the original but that was 15+ years ago) on my site. I sell it (very rarely, I might add) through Paypal or Google Checkout where the customer just hits a Pay Now button. They are directed to Paypal/Google where they pay. They are then directed to a page on my website (totally unsecure) which tells them where to go to download the program.

I would like to secure this page somehow because as it is now the user can revisit the site anytime or tell his friends about it and they can download the program for free. I now this is stupid but I had a devastating computer crash and had to upgrade to Fusion 11 (to run on Windows 7). My old site was totally lost.

I would like the purchaser to enter their email address and a password on my page (to be stored in a MYSQL database) when they are directed there after purchasing from Paypal/Google Checkout. Then they could see the information they need to download the program. Anyone else coming to that page wouldn't be able to get in without the password. I would like an administrator page so I could lock out email addresses if I needed to, change passwords etc.

Maybe you have ideas I haven't thought of. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Question.. how are you going to assign them a password when they purchase?

The secure site template is a starting point. It does use a MySQL database to store user and password info, but that's it.

Yes, it can be extended to do what you need.

I've done extensions for others that allow someone to login and download a file once only, for example. This prevents them from giving someone else their user name (email address) and password to go download for themselves. Or for the buyer logging back in and downloading it again, for that matter.

The counter could be reset using an admin interface if you ever wanted to grant them another download.

This would be the simplest way to handle it. "Locking them out" is accomplished automatically.

If you want a quote for doing this, send me a PM or email. chuck@beyondfusion.com

Chuck

FusionGirl

Postby FusionGirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Ok Chuck,

SO I finally got some time to work on the Secure template, and I think I got most of it, it seems like it looks right, but I am getting the error :" Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later." Where should I start? Thanks, K
FusionGirl

When in the F*** did we get ice cream?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 am

Ok Chuck,

SO I finally got some time to work on the Secure template, and I think I got most of it, it seems like it looks right, but I am getting the error :" Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later." Where should I start? Thanks, K
You created the database using the supplied database template?

You modified the database connection file (dbconn.php) with your database user credentials?

Chuck

FusionGirl

Postby FusionGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 pm

You created the database using the supplied database template?

You modified the database connection file (dbconn.php) with your database user credentials?

Chuck
I did both, but DB's are not my friend, they single-handedly fry my brain at the site of them. I did the php file too. I have tried it with two different servers, cause I see two in my stuff. I am going to pm you my images. I am assuming it's something with the db, as I am more likely to screw that up.
FusionGirl

When in the F*** did we get ice cream?

Return to “Fusion 11”