Help it will not open the site!!!

Support for Fusion 11
Confusion 11

Help it will not open the site!!!

Postby Confusion 11 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:47 pm

I am using windows XP SP3 . I was working on my site when the house power went off! The power is back on now but when i try to open the site it says net object has detected an unstable file and will recover your site. so i click ok then i get the message could not open C:/.../../site.nod.

please please tell me it is not gone!!!!! :shock:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Help it will not open the site!!!

Postby admin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 pm

I am using windows XP SP3 . I was working on my site when the house power went off! The power is back on now but when i try to open the site it says net object has detected an unstable file and will recover your site. so i click ok then i get the message could not open C:/.../../site.nod.

please please tell me it is not gone!!!!! :shock:
First of all.... go out and buy yourself a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply).

Second, go into your Site folder and rename your nod file as filename.nod.bk.

Then go into your Backups folder inside the Site folder, find and copy your most recent backup and paste the copy into the folder with the backed up nod file.

Remove the "-backup123" or whatever number it is from the file name.

Now go to Fusion and try to open your site.

Chuck

Confusion 11

Postby Confusion 11 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 am

renaming didnt work, every time I try to open a file with that original name it goes blinky just as before. I noticed there is a Ghost or hidden file in my site folder "filename.nod.bak" could that be causing the name conflict?

I did get it to open when I copied the "filename-backup123.nod" file to the site folder and then opened that file. I also tired opening the backup file and then using "Save as" to get the old name back, but it still didnt open even after trying to rename through using save as feature.

will every thing be ok if i just proceed using the new name of "filename-backup123.nod"? Iknow the new backup will be "filename-backup123-backup456.nod" so as long as thats ok i guess no problem right?

or should I save as the file as completely different name?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:27 pm

renaming didnt work, every time I try to open a file with that original name it goes blinky just as before. I noticed there is a Ghost or hidden file in my site folder "filename.nod.bak" could that be causing the name conflict?

I did get it to open when I copied the "filename-backup123.nod" file to the site folder and then opened that file. I also tired opening the backup file and then using "Save as" to get the old name back, but it still didnt open even after trying to rename through using save as feature.

will every thing be ok if i just proceed using the new name of "filename-backup123.nod"? Iknow the new backup will be "filename-backup123-backup456.nod" so as long as thats ok i guess no problem right?

or should I save as the file as completely different name?
Simply renaming the backup nod file should do the trick.

But if you're able to open the site from the backup without renaming it, open it and then go to Site View and export a template (be sure to include your remote publish profile using the check box).

Name the template whatever you want the site to be called.

Then make a new site from the template.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 11”