Migrate nof9 secure site to nof11

Support for Fusion 11
sravner

Migrate nof9 secure site to nof11

Postby sravner » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm

I have a large (130 page) website which evolved over the past 4 years - starting with nof7, and more recently with nof9. It works perfectly - no problems. All my recent websites have been made with nof11, and I migrated a few older nof9 sites to nof11 with no problem - using the "save as template website" in nof9 and "open as template website" with nof11. I tried to do the same for the secure website, but it doesn't work. I get lots of errors which seem to be based on the file different names used in the nof11 components folder.

How can I migrate the nof9 secure website to nof11 without having to re-do the entire 130 page site secure features?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Migrate nof9 secure site to nof11

Postby admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 pm

I have a large (130 page) website which evolved over the past 4 years - starting with nof7, and more recently with nof9. It works perfectly - no problems. All my recent websites have been made with nof11, and I migrated a few older nof9 sites to nof11 with no problem - using the "save as template website" in nof9 and "open as template website" with nof11. I tried to do the same for the secure website, but it doesn't work. I get lots of errors which seem to be based on the file different names used in the nof11 components folder.

How can I migrate the nof9 secure website to nof11 without having to re-do the entire 130 page site secure features?
Go into publish view and the publish components part of the Publish menu.

Check the NOF Secure Site option.

It's there for backward compatibility with sites migrated from older versions of Fusion.

Chuck

sravner

Postby sravner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Check,

Sorry for the delayed response - I was away.

I did what you recommended, and found that the "Check the NOF Secure Box" was already checked.

I was frustrated, but then I realized that I hadn't mentioned that this was a problem on my new Win 7 x64 machine, and did more research. I saw the previous post "Win 7 or NOF" by ChiknNutz, and did the things you recommended there, and POW!, the problem was solved. It's a shame that we have to crawl around to find the solutions to these kinds of problems when we upgrade to a new OS!

One question: in your comment about Run as Administrator, you say that you should do this "at least once" - does that mean that after NOF11 has run once "as Administrator" that the permission can be changed back to normal (and thus eliminate the splash screen every time it opens)?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Check,

Sorry for the delayed response - I was away.

I did what you recommended, and found that the "Check the NOF Secure Box" was already checked.

I was frustrated, but then I realized that I hadn't mentioned that this was a problem on my new Win 7 x64 machine, and did more research. I saw the previous post "Win 7 or NOF" by ChiknNutz, and did the things you recommended there, and POW!, the problem was solved. It's a shame that we have to crawl around to find the solutions to these kinds of problems when we upgrade to a new OS!

One question: in your comment about Run as Administrator, you say that you should do this "at least once" - does that mean that after NOF11 has run once "as Administrator" that the permission can be changed back to normal (and thus eliminate the splash screen every time it opens)?
Yes, once you've done the "Run As Administrator" thing and got things working, you can go back to running with your normal user settings.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 11”