Picture on picture

Support for Fusion 11
Confusion 11

Picture on picture

Postby Confusion 11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm

how can i place a picture or graphic on top of another picure or graphic without getting those red exclamations!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Picture on picture

Postby admin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

how can i place a picture or graphic on top of another picure or graphic without getting those red exclamations!
This can only be done in a site or a page area with Fixed Layout.

I highly recommend against doing an entire site this way. Some browsers don't like it and you can't center your pages.

You can place a Layout Region in your Layout area and set it to Fixed and then overlay things inside it, but it's still not an optimal solution.

It's best to merge images in a graphics program and use the resulting image.

Another method that I use most frequently, is to make the back image the background image of a Layout Region. Then you can place other images or text inside the layout region.

Look at the top of the pages in this site for an example.

www.scifigamers.com. The top master border contains a Layout Region with the space scene as its background. There are text boxes and images on top of it.

Chuck

Confusion 11

Postby Confusion 11 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 am

Chuck, I have moved to net fusion 11 from microsoft publisher so there is alot of catching up to do. thank you for your patience. I am use to the work space starting out white and then placing everything "ontop" with the background behind everything else.

what i am trying to create is very much like this page actually rounded corners with a 3-d edge like a piece of paper on a desk. First I don't know how to create the paper look, but even then you say wouldn't be optimal for browsers? :?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:32 am

Chuck, I have moved to net fusion 11 from microsoft publisher so there is alot of catching up to do. thank you for your patience. I am use to the work space starting out white and then placing everything "ontop" with the background behind everything else.

what i am trying to create is very much like this page actually rounded corners with a 3-d edge like a piece of paper on a desk. First I don't know how to create the paper look, but even then you say wouldn't be optimal for browsers? :?
You can do this, just not the way you were originally thinking. :wink:

Take a look at www.ezround.com/index.php.

The software is inexpensive, or you can use the same technique it uses in a graphics program and do everything manually.

Chuck

Confusion 11

Postby Confusion 11 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Chuck
This is a good looking program, i dont have a good graphics program anymore can you suggest one that could to the corner thing as well as the picture on picture banner thing?

Also i dont understand how i could use a full sheet of paper when the "web page" seems to be divided into a master boarder area and a layout region. also i dont think it will let me place the menu bar ontop of a sheet of paper without giving me exclamation dots?

any advise?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Chuck
This is a good looking program, i dont have a good graphics program anymore can you suggest one that could to the corner thing as well as the picture on picture banner thing?

Also i dont understand how i could use a full sheet of paper when the "web page" seems to be divided into a master boarder area and a layout region. also i dont think it will let me place the menu bar ontop of a sheet of paper without giving me exclamation dots?

any advise?
Do you have an example of the look you're trying to achieve?

As for a graphics program, I'm using PhotoImpact X3. Corel has dropped PI from it's lineup since they acquired Ulead, who used to publish it.

If PaintShop Pro continues to improve, I may try that some day.

Chuck

Confusion 11

Postby Confusion 11 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:43 pm

The look I was going for for the back page is just like this forum, white with rounded corners. As for the other graphic needs, it looks like i will need something to integrate my companys logo into the proposed banner for the top of the page. I found a stock banner that will work but it needs my logo put into it.

I use to have the original corel draw program but for the life of me i cant find that disk. I know it wont work on my current operating system but i was hoping for the upgrade price. Are you kidding me $400+ for a graphics program, I guess they do have us by the short hairs though.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

The look I was going for for the back page is just like this forum, white with rounded corners. As for the other graphic needs, it looks like i will need something to integrate my companys logo into the proposed banner for the top of the page. I found a stock banner that will work but it needs my logo put into it.

I use to have the original corel draw program but for the life of me i cant find that disk. I know it wont work on my current operating system but i was hoping for the upgrade price. Are you kidding me $400+ for a graphics program, I guess they do have us by the short hairs though.
Try Paint.net. It's a freebie.

www.getpaint.net/

Chuck

Confusion 11

Postby Confusion 11 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Got paint!
Great little program much more flexable than original paint. I Wonder why microsoft wouldn't add this one instead? :D

thanks again, and again :)

Return to “Fusion 11”