Difficulty trying to publish

Support for Fusion 7
roger

Difficulty trying to publish

Postby roger » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 pm

I am a new user of NetObjects Fusion 7. I completed my site a few days ago and I have been struggling to publish it to the web.

On the Publish Setting dialog box, I believe I have entered the right info. in the Attributes section. When I press the test button, a message comes back saying 'connection failed', make sure you entered the correct attributes and are connected to the internet. I have done both of these.

If I press the Publish button, a message comes back saying, failed to connect to mywebpage.netfirms.com

Please help me as soon as you can. :? Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Difficulty trying to publish

Postby admin » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:06 am

I am a new user of NetObjects Fusion 7. I completed my site a few days ago and I have been struggling to publish it to the web.

On the Publish Setting dialog box, I believe I have entered the right info. in the Attributes section. When I press the test button, a message comes back saying 'connection failed', make sure you entered the correct attributes and are connected to the internet. I have done both of these.

If I press the Publish button, a message comes back saying, failed to connect to mywebpage.netfirms.com

Please help me as soon as you can. :? Thanks
Fusion may be blocked by a firewall. If you have one, make sure it is set to allow Fusion full access to the Internet.

Could be wrong credentials or directory info you're using as well.

Is your host Netfirms? It better be, because it sounds like you're using a Netfirms-only version of Fusion 7. Limited to publishing to only a Netfirms hosting account.

If your hosting is elsewhere, you need a full version of Fusion. 7 is rather old, since Fusion 10 is the currently release.

Admin Chuck

roger

Postby roger » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:28 pm

Chuck

Thanks for your reply. My host is Netfirms. I have checked on the firewall issue, there is no firewall blocking me. As a matter of fact I tried to upload uising Ipswitch WS_FTP and I was able to connect to my host and upload files. The problem with WS_FTP is that the links have been broken. I suppose NetObjects has a particular way to transfer the files to keep the links unbroken.

I understand the version may be old but I just got it from Netfirms. I would like to publish the files using NetObjects 7 and then move to version 10.

I would really appreciate your help with this issue.

admin
Site Admin

Netfirms publishing

Postby admin » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Chuck

Thanks for your reply. My host is Netfirms. I have checked on the firewall issue, there is no firewall blocking me. As a matter of fact I tried to upload uising Ipswitch WS_FTP and I was able to connect to my host and upload files. The problem with WS_FTP is that the links have been broken. I suppose NetObjects has a particular way to transfer the files to keep the links unbroken.

I understand the version may be old but I just got it from Netfirms. I would like to publish the files using NetObjects 7 and then move to version 10.

I would really appreciate your help with this issue.
Try going into your remote publish profile and adavanced settings. Toggle the setting for Passive Mode FTP. That should fix your problem.

Dedicated ftp programs can autosense the type of connection. With Fusion, you need to use the chack box.

Chuck

Return to “Fusion 7”