Error ont he install

Want to set up your own phpbb board like this?

This is the place to ask how.
Powx

Error ont he install

Postby Powx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:26 pm

I am getting the following error with the initial install, no files have been modified so unsure what I need to do to fix this...

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/avenging/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/avenging/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Below are lines 330 and 331 in that file it is specifing

$result['message'] = mysql_error($this->db_connect_id);
$result['code'] = mysql_errno($this->db_connect_id);

admin
Site Admin

Re: Error ont he install

Postby admin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:44 am

I am getting the following error with the initial install, no files have been modified so unsure what I need to do to fix this...

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/avenging/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/avenging/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Below are lines 330 and 331 in that file it is specifing

$result['message'] = mysql_error($this->db_connect_id);
$result['code'] = mysql_errno($this->db_connect_id);
A MySQL database and database user/password must be set up on the web server prior to installation. Has this been done?

Admin Chuck

Powx

Postby Powx » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:57 am

Chuck

A database was created on the server side prior to the install, For the Databae Configuration I am 99% sure I have the right information there.

For the Admin Configuration, I assumed I created the admin username/password and email address as I installed...If this is not the case then that is the problem. Where do I setup the admin username and password before the install?

Sean

Powx

Postby Powx » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Ok its installed and working now Chuck, HUGE thank you for the assistance. The problem was the linking and the phpbb being in the root directory, once I moved it and made a new folder for it, the install worked as it was supposed too!

Thank you again for helping me through this.

Sean

Return to “phpBB questions”