phpBB to my website?

Want to set up your own phpbb board like this?

This is the place to ask how.
bilbojr

phpBB to my website?

Postby bilbojr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 pm

I am very new to this.. just getting that out of the way.
I am trying to save a little money and design my own website and set up phpbb forums on the site.
I have godaddy hosting. i am using netobjects fusion essentials.
I have downloaded phpbb and made a mysql database as described in a tutorial.
I can not figure out a few things, and I have searched everywhere including these forums.
I am trying to upload the phpbb file to my forums page and I can not seem to make this happen.
Probably missing a step, probably more than one... but can anyone help with this process.
I have designed my pages, uploaded them.. they work.. I just can not seem to figure out how to get the forums into netobjects, and ultimately on my site.
Thank you so much in advance of any help!
Bilbo

admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB to my website?

Postby admin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 am

I am very new to this.. just getting that out of the way.
I am trying to save a little money and design my own website and set up phpbb forums on the site.
I have godaddy hosting. i am using netobjects fusion essentials.
I have downloaded phpbb and made a mysql database as described in a tutorial.
I can not figure out a few things, and I have searched everywhere including these forums.
I am trying to upload the phpbb file to my forums page and I can not seem to make this happen.
Probably missing a step, probably more than one... but can anyone help with this process.
I have designed my pages, uploaded them.. they work.. I just can not seem to figure out how to get the forums into netobjects, and ultimately on my site.
Thank you so much in advance of any help!
Bilbo
You don't bring the forums into NetObjects per se. And there's a lot more than a phpBB "file". There are many folders and files.

You should do what we did here and make a folder within your domain to hold the forums. Then install phpBB using the provided instructions into that folder.

You can then link to the board using external links from your web site.

Or, If you prefer, you can remove the headers in the forums and then make a forums page in Fusion and use a iFrame to embed the forums into it. Since you're using Fusion Essentials, there's no iFrame tool included as there is in Fusion 11.

You can use our iFrame code generator you'll find on the Resources page here.

www.beyondfusion.com/html/resources.php

I believe there's a discussion in this forum about using an iFrame this way.

Chuck

bilbojr

Re: phpBB to my website?

Postby bilbojr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Chuck,
Thank you so much for the reply.. Sadly I had Windows hosting.. which is now switched over to Linux.. what a fool?!
So it was not a phpbb or a netobjects issue, thankfully.
I am now linking my website and the forum together with the help in these forums.
Thank you, again,
Bilbo

Return to “phpBB questions”